Ramble On

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bungalow Suburb

Last week I worked from home one day, and took a walk down to Whole Foods for lunch.  It was on the way back that I noticed all the spring flowers through the fog of oak pollen that clouded the air.  So I took some highlight photos of some of the bungalow homes here.


Then there is ours...



















I've written about it before, but some of the bungalows in our neighborhood, including the two in the first photos above, appeared in a book called "Bungalow Nation" a few years back.  It also features suburb neighborhoods in other cities, some of them quite surprising.  Our neighborhood began as a streetcar neighborhood in the 1920's, just like many of the ones in the book did. 

Here's a final house from my "tour" - along with an Amazon link to the book.  Hey look at that - it's the cover house!

No comments: