Ramble On

Friday, July 31, 2009

Clarendon Construction Update


While I am away at the Cabin today, pre-posting this update on the two buildings under construction across the street from my office in Arlington. As I was preparing this post, I realized that I have a few previous ones, and they might serve as something of a history of the building process if I linked them through a label - so I have: "clarendon construction." Just click on it and all of the construction updates will appear on a results page.

Since the big building emerged from the ground a few weeks ago, the floors have been built on a rocketing pace. They are pooring an entire floor, done in five sections, in a week now. The concrete cures for a couple of weeks before the framing can come down, but the framing for the next higher floor can be built the next day. I've noticed a lot of telecom and electrical infrastructure conduit has been laid directly into the concrete floor slabs with this building.


Here is the smaller mid-block construction. A day or two after I took this photo, I noticed that the first part of a concrete slab had been poured in the hole. So the parking garage is underway.

No comments: