Ramble On

Friday, December 20, 2013

Quality Street

Been a fan of Nick Lowe's for a long time, and I have to admit I was skeptical when earlier this year we started hearing about a Christmas LP from him.  I left the jury hanging out to dry on the topic but decided that I would watch for more news.  Then as the promotion for the record started, there was Nick's quote in an interview on NPR:

"But I was confused by how snooty I felt when they asked me about doing it," Lowe says. "I think it's a Brit thing, really: Making Christmas records is seen as a not very cool thing to do. And I thinkg it's all bound up with strange ideas from the 1960s, about selling out and things like that...
"Instead of just knocking out the same 12 songs that everyone always seems to do," Lowe says. "I thought, 'Well, with a little bit of work, I could make it a little bit different.'"
So for a short post today, I'll close by embedding "Christmas at the Airport" - one of the singles from the record (and a hat tip to Brian for finding the video):

No comments: