Ramble On

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lunch @ the Auction

Well, I've only been three times, and may not get there many more times.  But I had to take a minute and mention the food at the Shenandoah Valley Produce Auction in Dayton. 

You know, it's nothing special, but it's carefully prepared and cheerfully served.  I've had a chili dog and a slice of pie each time - and some sweet tea to wash it down.  Pretty good stuff.

 I believe it is a well known fact that everybody likes pie - please correct me if I am wrong.  Here's a photo of the menu board featuring this week's pies. In the past weeks, I've also had a slice of peach pie, and a pecan-oat pie.

On Tuesday, I added the stuffed pepper to the menu.  All totaled for the chili dog, the pepper, the (coconut creme) pie, and sweet tea:  $4.50.  What's not to like?

Look, this is all in the days work for the faithful agribusiness intern.

No comments: