Mary and I joined neighbor Dan (after the hops drying and Beaver Run Flat Tale IPA product sampling) for the evening, since this was a band that is comprised of some of Dan's coworkers - they knew quite a few folks in the crowd, as a matter of fact. We were joined by other friends when we got there - planned and unplanned, so it was an evening of pleasant surprises.
Some highlights were the sparkling Traminette, a new vintage this year that is perfect for the summer, a walk through the farm back to Hawksbill Creek, and then the music, which ended up getting a few people up to dance. After the little party there, a bunch of us went back over to Hawksbill Cabin for some pizza and more wine - the evening had cooled and it was a welcome break for the heat that had been building all week.
Wisteria has five more Music Under the Arbor events planned:
- July 23 – Music Under the Arbor from 5 - 7 p.m. – FrikNFrak
- August 6 – Music Under the Arbor from 5 - 7 p.m. – Acoustic Thunder
- August 13 – Music Under the Arbor from 5 - 7 p.m. – Pops Walker
- August 20 – Birthday Party! 5 – 7 p.m. Music and food - Eklektix
- August 27 – Music Under the Arbor from 5 – 7 p.m. Acoustic Thunder