Ramble On

Friday, July 29, 2011

Clarendon Construction - Likely Final

It's been a tradition to use the final post of the month to update the status of the three construction projects that have been going on around my Clarendon office, but after more than three years of blogging the projects, this will be my last post on the topic.  I am taking the month of August of from work, and learned yesterday that during my hiatus my group is moving to the Alexandria location - so I won't have access to the goings on anymore...

The two main projects that I've written about the most - the Clarendon Center buildings - have been completed for a while now, and the posts have been focused on the Clarendon Commons development that is going up adjoined to the big church.  Demolition for those previous projects was going on when I first came to work at this office, and the posts tracked the buildings all the way through construction. 

I haven't been shy about my feelings on this church development.  It's an interesting concept to join residential with institutional...but it is pretty heinous.  Maybe I should be glad I won't see it through to completion!

So the two photos today are a detailed view taken from the 7th floor of my building.  The masonry elevators are up and they make really good process with the veneer wall everyday - no doubt due to the additional productivity of having a porta-john up there with them.  There is another one installed symmetrically on the other side of the building, by the way. 

The final photo in the series is a street view from near the entrance to Clarendon Metro.  The building structure has been topped out, and the exterior details are in progress, say 75 percent complete.  They'll move inside fairly soon, and I expect the last part of the job will be the renovation of the piece of the church that remains.

If you want to view the entire three plus years on the projects, just click the Clarendon Construction label at the end of this post.

No comments: