Ramble On

Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Biber Lauf" Braurerei?

On Sunday I stopped by to check in with Dan, who had told me he would be out harvesting some more hops.  This time he already gathered three pounds of Cascade, but he was only 2/3 of the way through the hopyard.  He figured that after drying these he would have another pound of hops.


We took a closer look at the product and this is really good looking material - he plans to use it in the aromatic stage of brewing the now famous Flat Tale IPA. 

Why do I say "now famous"? Because last week, a Bundestag (the German Parlaiment - in Berlin) representative sent him a letter that said after an extensive web search, some people in Berlin had found the Beaver Run Brewery website, and they were very excited about this.

Turns out, these folks are organizing a running event that will be called "Biber Lauf" - roughly translated, Beaver Run...the same name as the stream that runs along the edge of both of our properties!

So, I've just Googled it.  I found this YouTube promotional video...there is quite a bit more to have a look at, I guess there's a Facebook page too. Also, I've embedded the "Beaver Dance" I found on their web page as the headline video on the blog.

This is all great.  The trouble is - Dan's a small batch brewery...and the German Parlaiment wants a sample!


No comments: