Ramble On

Friday, March 13, 2009

Day Trip to Baltimore


On Tuesday I gave a presentation at the National Facilities Management and Technology (NFMT) trade show in Baltimore. We were in the convention center right downtown near the Inner Harbor.




Here are a few shots of landmarks around there - the ball park, museum, and Bromo-Seltzer Tower were all visible from where I gave my talk. Old Ironsides (above) was right near the restaurant where I took some friends for lunch. Seeing the warehouse again made me long for an Orioles game - used to come up five or six times a year...and then there was Memorial Stadium, which I liked to visit quite a bit, too.
The talk was a success, there were about 120 attendees in my session, which was called, "A New Leader's Guide to a High-Performing Facilities Organization." I'm serializing this topic on another blog right now - www.iwmsnews.com/research - my blog is called "FM Notes from the Field."
So, I've had day trips for work to Philly, Baltimore, Annapolis, and Patuxent River this quarter. Where are the trips to LA, Atlanta, Chicago and Dallas? Some consulting life I lead, eh?

1 comment:

Brian McGowan said...

And for THAT you miss "Rock-and-Roll Nite" at the Club Silberwangs?!

Sheesh, some people have NO sense of responsibilities...