Ramble On

Monday, December 17, 2007

Nor'easter Elsewhere



I was out at the cabin with best intentions this weekend...Mary had her annual Wellesley holiday tea going on and I wanted to get out of the house. I was keeping an eye on the forecast - hoping for snow to get an idea of what that is like out in the Valley. All we had was rain, which fell all night. The stories you may have heard about rain on a metal roof are true.

In the morning, the moisture began freezing on the trees, and it made a beautiful picture in the early sunshine. Here are a few photos of the area around the house, focusing mainly on the pines that dominate the yard. As the air temperature warmed up, the trees begain shedding the ice, which was an incredible sight to see - like a hail storm in bright sunshine, and just as loud.



Later, as the skies cleared and I could see the Blue Ridge and Massanutten, those forests were particulary pretty in the winter weather. Looking forward to posting some photos of these later, when we've had snow and I have a better camera with me.

No comments: