Ramble On

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Meanwhile the Snow

While the weather has things in a waiting stage, I've kept working on "back office" stuff for the new Hawksbill Hop Yards venture.  David told me that most of the brush had been cleared before the snow fell, but that he still needed to run the tractor over the ground to till and level.  Still, it looks good under that layer of snow!

I sent out an announcement of the hop yards to about 100 Virginia and Mid-Atlantic brewers - there's been a satisfying and rewarding response.  We have a couple of prospects for both wet and dried hops, and I'll be working on follow-ups with them.

Meanwhile, I had some business cards made, and I am planning to attend the regional hops conference in Winston-Salem next week as a "New Hops Farmer."  That should be a good time, I know there is a lot to learn.

We've worked on the social media accounts recently to get them up to speed.  In addition to the Facebook page for Hawksbill Hop Yards, we have a Google+ account (hawksbillhops@gmail.com) and a Twitter feed (@hawksbillhops).  

But there's a never ending list of to do items.  I couldn't do it without some excellent business partners.  I'm just happy to be here.

No comments: