Ramble On

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Watch This Space

This big Cat will be used to clear the land.
Well, I guess it is time to come clean on one of the reasons I'm cutting back on posting this year.  For the last couple of years, as I became increasingly interested in brewing and then growing hops, I started to put together a plan to grow them commercially - on a small farm, in a way that is trendily known as "hobby farming."

The plan really became to come together last October, during the trip I took out to go to the Shenandoah Valley Produce Auction, and then up to the meeting of the Old Dominion Hops Co-op up in Purcellville - the post about it is here.






I'm excited about the new logo!


Clearing the land - maybe an understatement!
There are simply a lot of ducks to get in a row just yet, so I don't have a lot of details to post.  However, at the beginning of the year, I made some arrangements to get this project started on two rented acres near Luray.  The farm (actually a farm within a farm) is going to be called Hawksbill Hop Yards, and work on clearing the acreage is just getting underway.


I'll use this blog to  post periodic updates, along with a Facebook page (here), and eventually a business web site.  I'm really looking forward to it, and hope that my readers will get a chance some day to come out for a visit.

There's still a lot to do though - so I'll keep this first post short!

No comments: