Ramble On

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Baggs Produce - Sanford, Florida

Yesterday I wrote about Olson's Fruit Stand in Sunnyvale, and I mentioned a farm stand in Sanford, Florida, where my family lived when we were kids.

After reading the post, my sister Susan sent me a note that she had been in Sanford recently and the stand was still there.  She Google-sleuthed it, and found the name and this photo - the place is called Baggs' Produce.

It turns out that our high school friends, the Srocks, who were neighbors with us in a different Sanford neighborhood, had a similar connection to the place.  Their grandparents lived just down the street from us back then - small world thing - on Orange Avenue - and they also remembered walking to the little store.  One of them found some additional information about Baggs':

On July 4, 1954, Elmer and his wife, Dee Baggs, celebrated the Grand Opening!

This place is still there today.  Next time I'm in Sanford, I'll be sure to check it out.

No comments: