Ramble On

Friday, May 27, 2011

Clarendon Construction - May 2011

So, a quick update on the progress of the new building going up between the two original elements of Clarendon Church.  Although I have to admit that this is a very interesting adaptation of the original building, I remain cynical of the motivations of everyone involved.  There is only one explanation for this hideous building - developer greed, supplemented by an equally greedy congregation at the old church.

Don't try and convince me that we were motivated by social good when we reserved some of the new apartments for mixed income.  That was so that we could maximize how many units are for sale at market rates.

Now, I do have two photos to post today - since my office relocated inside the current building to the 7th floor with no view of the construction, I'm taking ground level photos these days.  As you can see in the first image, the construction of the floors have topped out, and the concrete has cured enough to begin framing out the walls on the lower floors. 

During this stage of the effort, it's quite colorful with the moisture barriers and other materials going up. I snapped the second photo as I was driving out of my garage on the way home last night.

No comments: