Ramble On

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Clarendon Construction - April 2011

Checking back, I haven't posted on this topic since January.  That's mainly because the buildings at Clarendon Center - the south and north blocks, were finished then after three years of construction.  People have moved into the apartments and offices, and even the restaurants there are open.  You can get a good look at the progress by looking over the posts with the label Clarendon Construction. 

But there is still one building going up near my office, and they are at that stage where progress comes quickly.  I realized this when I was taking a walk down to Courthouse the other to meet up with a friend at Four Courts.  I took this street level view of the building going up on the site of Clarendon Church.

Yesterday I took the second photo here, from one of the offices in my 8th floor suite that looks down on the site.  There are several floors out of the ground now, and they are pouring a floor a week.  For a reminder of what the delightful building is going to look like when it is finished, you can check this post from last June, which includes a rendering: http://hawksbillcabin.blogspot.com/2010/06/clarendon-construction-june-2010-part-2.html

We got notice a few weeks ago that we are moving from the 8th floor, east side, down to the 7th floor, south side.  That may make it difficult for me to take the photos looking down into the church site, but I will try to get back on shecule with that...

No comments: