Ramble On

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Clarendon Construction - August 2010


Two weekends ago, I stopped by the Clarendon office to see if I could work in one of the conference rooms for the day.  Because of an office remodel - it is being prepped for my group's imminent return, hopefully this weekend if the occupancy certificate is given - I couldn't work there after all.  But I did take advantage of being there to get an update on the construction projects I have been observing for the last two years.
As you can see in the first picture, almost all exterior work on the big building is completed.  There is quite a lot still going on inside, but they've even taken down the sidewalk covers around the building and opened the street fully back up.  My guess is the building is on track for a Fall 2010 opening.


During my check-in, the second building had most of the exterior masonry completed. There is still some detail work being done - the masonry elevators are still up, so they aren't finished.  And something is still going on with the penthouse.







Here is the final photo for this update - the airspace building going in around the church next door.  I discovered that my boss's office has an excellent view looking down into the site.  I hope to be able to include a monthly update on the progress of this one going forward.

There is still a lot of site prep to do on this project - the grading is only one level below ground at the moment, and I am pretty sure they'll need at least three levels of parking in this building to accommodate everything that is going on there.

As I mentioned, we are planning to move back to Clarendon next week, ending my four month's stay in DC. I've enjoyed my old haunts there, but I am looking forward to the change.  The certificate of occupancy is out of our hands right now, entirely in the County's, so we'll see if everything stays on track.

No comments: