Ramble On

Sunday, January 13, 2008

SMART Car Revisted

The Smart cars are coming soon. Chris keeps me posted on the status of the dealership out in Tysons Corner, and now we have this WaPo article that gives a review.





Also, while I am on the topic, here is a photo of a Smart in Berlin, taken during my May 2001 visit. The city council had passed a special law related to parking the little cars - this one is parked illegally, but you can see the flexibility they offer. In Berlin, three Smarts are allowed to park in two parallel spaces. That's part of what makes them an ideal city car in my opinion - and it seems to be how the Post columnist feels about them.


Now: will I buy one? It wouldn't work for the cabin, where we need all wheel drive and cargo space. But for the city - I'm already sold.

No comments: