Ramble On

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Walking on the Hawksbill Greenway

Tessie and I enjoy a little walk along the Hawksbill Greenway on Sunday mornings when we're out in Luray.  She finds some good sniffs around, and I enjoy the little peeks at the stream that you find around every corner - like the ones here.

The Greenway is a little urban park that the town has put together.  There's a four mile long walking trail along the stream, and it's very popular with the locals.  We're lucky enough to see friends from around town pretty much anytime we're our for our walks.

I know I have posted about the Greenway before, but here is a link with more information about the park: http://www.hawksbillgreenway.org/history.html

There are a couple of flocks of ducks there, you can always spot some trout, there are several species of herons, and in one section, there's a pasture full of grazing cows.  Not a bad feature, this park.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't wait to get back for a walk this Sunday!

No comments: