Ramble On

Monday, March 31, 2008

Cabin Chores and Projects

Over the weekend, we worked on getting estimates for some of the projects this year. We found a local pool guy and have an appointment to get that estimate started, and we gave a list of projects to Jesse so that he can give us an estimate.



Meanwhile, I went to the Page County Farm Store and picked up some tools - shown in the first photo. I figure, with the number of trees on the lot, having these items is a must. And it is likely I will need a chain saw as well, even though the neighbors have them and would probably lend them, or I could rent one.



Here is the new ax, a sledge hammer, and a wedge. So even if I don't use these on the current tree, I'll use them to chop fire wood.



After purchasing, I decided to test out my new ax. I worked for about an hour on the downed tree on Sunday - cut off about ten large branches and began gathering the smaller branches from around the yard. If this ends up taking too long, we'll get the landscaper out, and have him cut this down into 14-16 inch sections that I can then breakdown into the proper size.



In fact, once I have the branches off, we'll probably have him out to do that anyway. I think I can get it ready for him over the next weekend. We'll see.

No comments: